With the completion of the MK2 under my belt and a sonically pleasing performance being the result, I found I am listening to vinyl more and more. I decided that I wasnt happy to retire this phonostage from the DIY market.
Simon was graceful enough to offer to take a look at the PCB issues of missing bits and spaces for things we no longer needed.
I put out a wanted ad on DIYaudio at the same time and got a reply from a fella called Craig. He is "Craigtone Audio" in America.
A few emails later and this 3D render arrives of the new MK3 PCB. It's had a few layout tweaks but is essentially the same as the MK 2.
This will be the last modified board. The final version and it shouldn't need any more revisions!!
On the MK2, The relay was only engaged when used in MM. This one will have the relay engaged in MC instead. This is my only concern about this board.
The relays will no longer be energised when MC is selected.
A "mild to wild" amount of different sized output caps can be used on the Phonostage, thanks to Craig's creativity with the layout.
The FET will have a dual footprint allowing the use of surface mount BF861C or an equivalent leaded version. Unfortunately, we are yet to find a perfect suitor. I will endeavour to find one as this will help those who are new to soldering.
+ & - indicators are now on the Capacitors and what else is rather cool is..............you can now populate the PCB on either side (except the valves) which enables you to easily have the valves on show. How cool is that!
Electronumpty, this would have made life really easy for you. I am sorry lol